If driving privileges are suspended because of certain court-related offenses, or for insurance violations, Indiana law may require you to hold SR22 insurance.
- An insurance provider must electronically file proof of future financial responsibility with a SR22 form before a license can be reinstated.
- The SR22 form show that a person has car insurance that meets the state’s minimum standards and the insurance cannot be cancelled without notice given to the Indiana BMV.
- An SR22 requirement means a person has to have an SR22 policy on file with the Indiana BMV for:
- three (3) years for first and/or second no-insurance suspension; or
- five (5) years for third or more no-insurance suspensions