Driving Insurance Information
If your driving privileges are suspended because of certain court-related offenses, or for insurance violations, Indiana law may require you to hold SR22 insurance.
- An insurance provider must electronically file proof of future financial responsibility with a SR22 form before a license can be reinstated.
- The SR22 form shows that a person has car insurance that meets the state’s minimum standards and the insurance cannot be cancelled without notice given to the Indiana BMV.
- An SR22 requirement means a person has to have an SR22 car insurance policy on file with the Indiana BMV for:
- three (3) years for the first and/or second “no-insurance” suspension; or
- five (5) years for the third or more “no-insurance” suspensions
More information about insurance can be found by clicking here.