Step 1: Who Should Use This Packet
You should use this form packet if:
- You are filing a court action against someone; and
- You are indigent and are unable to pay the required filing fees or other expenses associated with the documents you are submitting to the Court.
Remember: There is no filing fee for contempt or modification actions.
Step 2: Read The Instructions
Select and read the ‘Instructions’ packet below.
Step 3: Choose A Form Packet
- Standard Fee Waiver
- Fee Waiver for Divorce
Step 4: Choose How You Will Complete Your Forms
- Fill out the forms. There are two ways you can complete these forms:
(a) You can use a computer to fill in the form blanks. After you fill in the blanks you must print out the forms; or
(b) You can print out the forms and handwrite your answers.
2. Read your local court rules to find out how many copies you will need, and if there are any additional forms or procedures required in your county.
3. Sign your forms and make copies.
Step 5: File Your Completed Forms
- Take the originals and copies of your forms to the Clerk of the Court that the other court documents were filed in. The Clerk will stamp the forms with a filing date and give you back a copy.
- Mail one stamped copy of each form that you filed to the other parent’s attorney, or the other parent if he or she is not represented by an attorney.
- Leave two stamped envelopes, one with your address and one with the other parent’s address.
4. You can e-file these forms, but print them first. Then, scan them back into your computer. E-filing fillable forms causes errors in the e-filing system. You can find out more about e-filing here: E-file Indiana