Divorce With Children With Agreement

You should use this form packet if you want to divorce your spouse AND 1. One or both of you have lived in Indiana for the last six months, 2. One of you has lived in your current county for at least the past three months; 3. You have biological or adopted minor children with your spouse; 4. You and your spouse DO have an agreement on custody/parenting time and how property and debts should be divided.

If you are seeking a protection order, you can petition for one, in a separate case, from the privacy of a domestic violence shelter. Learn more about getting a protection order.

Step 1: Read The Instructions

Select and read the ‘Instructions’ packet below. 

Step 2: Complete The Divorce With Children With Agreement Packet

1.  Use a computer to fill in the form blanks and print out the forms, or print out the forms and write your answers using a pen.  

2.  The Agreed Entry must be signed by both parents in front of a Notary Public before it is filed with the court.  

Step 3: Complete A Child Support Obligation Worksheet,  Review the Income Withholding Order Information and Check Indiana’s Parenting Time Guidelines

1.  Complete a Child Support Obligation Worksheet. If you do not file a completed Child Support Obligation Worksheet, the Court may not approve your Agreed Entry, and your case will be delayed.

Go to Child Support Obligation Worksheet to use the online calculator or to print blank forms.

2.  Income Withholding Orders are sent to the employer of the parent paying child support and may need to be signed by the judge.  Here is a link to an Income Withholding Order and instructions.  Note that once you click the link to the page, you will need to scroll down.  Income Withholding Order

3.  Review Indiana’s Parenting Time Guidelines.

Step 4: File Your Completed Forms

1.  Check your county court’s local rules here. 

2.  Take the originals and copies of your forms (forms linked below, Child Support Obligation Worksheet, and Income Withholding Order) to the Clerk of the Court that issued the current child support order.   The Clerk will stamp the forms with a filing date and give you back a copy.

3.  Mail one stamped copy of each form that you filed to the other parent’s attorney, or the other parent if he or she is not represented by an attorney.

4.  Leave two stamped envelopes, one with your address and one with the other parent’s (or other parent’s attorney’s) address, with the Clerk for mailing the signed order.

5. You can e-file these forms, but print them first.  Then, scan them back into your computer.  E-filing fillable forms causes errors in the e-filing system.  You can find out more about e-filing here: E-file Indiana

    Read the Instructions First


    I Have Read The Instructions

    Translate »