Terminate Child Support With Agreement

Use this form packet if you or the other parent are ordered to pay child support for your children; and you believe that all the children you and the other parent have together are emancipated; and the child support obligation should terminate; and you and the other parent agree that the child support obligation should be terminated. 

When is a child emancipated? For purposes of child support, Indiana law (IC 31-16-6-6) considers a child emancipated if the child: 1. is age 19; or 2. has joined the United States armed services; or 3. is married; or 4. is not under the care or control of either parent or someone else approved by the court; or 5. is at least 18 years old, has not gone to school for the last 4 months, is not enrolled in school, and either is supporting himself or herself, or is capable of supporting himself or herself through employment.

If you must still pay child support to the same parent for another child, even if a minor child is emancipated, you must use the forms ‘Modify Child Support Because Child is Emancipated’.

Step 1: Read The Instructions

Select and read the ‘Instructions’ packet below.

 Step 2: Complete the Terminate Child Support With Agreement Packet

1.  Use a computer to fill in the form blanks and print out the forms, or print out the forms and write your answers using a pen.  

2.  The Agreed Entry must be signed by both parents in front of a Notary Public before it is filed with the court.

Step 3: File Your Completed Forms

1.  Check your county court’s local rules here. 

2.  Take the originals and copies of your forms to the Clerk of the Court that issued the current child support order.   The Clerk will stamp the forms with a filing date and give you back a copy.

3.  Mail one stamped copy of each form that you filed to the other parent’s attorney, or the other parent if he or she is not represented by an attorney.

4.  Leave two stamped envelopes, one with your address and one with the other parent’s (or other parent’s attorney’s) address, with the Clerk for mailing the signed order.

Read the Instructions First


I Have Read The Instructions

Translate »